Project management and engineering services for Various Growth and Stay in Business projects.
Description of the project:
The projects vary from major rebuilds and upgrades of the plants to greenfield project. All the projects are on Iron Ore facilities and include conveyors, crushing, screening, drilling, stockpiling etc.
The one major project is on the upgrade of the high dense medium separation plant to an ultra-high dense medium separation plant. This includes the reconfiguration of some conveyors, existing plant and the installation of new equipment to achieve the required outcome.
General study management
- Scoping of concept, pre-feasibility and bankable feasibility studies
- Management of procurement of design and estimating services
- Management of geosciences, mining and metallurgical aspects of the study
- Integration of information management and operational technology study work
- Support with procurement management of consultants and contractors
- Financial modelling of study projects
- Project scoping and delivery against the Anglo American Investment Development Model;
- Management of the quality of project management processes and deliverables;
- Apply controls to ensure legal and best practice compliance in accordance with the MHSA (Mine Health and Safety Act), MPRDA (Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act), OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) where applicable;
- Implement effective Safety Health and Environmental management systems for projects;
- Management of Health and Safety during design processes;
- Ensure compliance to environmental Record of Decision (RoD) where applicable;
- Business performance and operational management;
- Best practice and knowledge management;
- Client and stakeholder relationship management;
- Financial management.
Project controls services
- Planning and scheduling services;
- Cost Engineering / Cost Management services;
- Project Risk Management services;
- Project Document Control services;
- Project Controls QA/QC services;
- Project Administration Services;
- Contract Management Services.
Construction & commissioning management services
- Construction and Commissioning Management services;
- Site Document Control Services;
- Social Coordinator Services;
- Commissioning Co-ordinator Services.
Operational readiness management
- Development / execution of the Operational Readiness Plan, appointment and management of operational readiness team, procurement of spares and equipment required by operations and maintenance, integration of the project scope into operational systems, prepare procedures and processes for new equipment, appointment and training of additional operational and maintenance personnel, re-skilling and training of current operational and maintenance personnel, preparing for operating, maintaining and handover in advance of the commencement of commissioning of the plant;
- Daily liaison with the Project Manager, Construction Manager, Commissioning Manager, Project Engineering Manager and Client to manage integration and construction interfaces between the project and the operation to minimise production downtime;
- Supports commissioning of new plant and infrastructure by providing resources to operate and maintain the plant during C4 up to handover;
- Receives commissioned plant and infrastructure on behalf of the client.
Sishen Iron Ore