EPCM is undertaking the Engineering Development Partner role in an LNG import, storage regasification, pipeline and compression project that will transport natural gas from the Port of Beira (Mozambique) to Mutare (Zimbabwe) to supply feed stock to a 921MW gas-fired power plant. The pipeline will follow the existing CPMZ multi-products fuel pipeline servitude with a 273 km x 24″ pipeline. The project entailed the conducting of Pre-feasibility and feasibility study to start a bankable feasibility study. EPCM did a high level design and schedule which included the LNG import facilities and readiness of the Beira port to facilitate LNG import, the design and costing of LNG storage and regas terminal, gas compression, pipeline sizing and pressure drop calculations, pig launching and receiving facilities and customer metering and pressure reduction.
- Sourcing of development and implementation finance (working with private equity funds);
- Development of pre-work design including:
- Feasibility studies on offtake markets and infrastructure assessments;
- Routing studies;
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Geotechnical / Topographical surveys
- Front-End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Landowner negotiations
- Key authority approvals
- Provision of Project Management Services;
- EPC contractor scope compilation, evaluations and appointments; and
- O&M contractor scope compilation, evaluations and appointments.
Beira, Mozambique to Mutare, Zimbabwe
2017 – ongoing