Mechanical-, electrical-, control-, instrumentation- and civil engineering services and provision of procurement and construction management services for two bulk fuel storage facilities.
Rubis Bahamas Ltd (RBL) specialises in the downstream petroleum and chemical sector. RBL operates numerous bulk liquid storage terminals and distribution activities and owns several retail service stations. RBL planned to expand two of their bulk fuel storage facilities by increasing the storage capacity of their existing tanks and installing new tanks. The storage facilities included the Treasure Cay Terminal on Abaco Island and the South Dock Terminal on the Turks & Caicos Islands.
The scope of facilities of the Treasure Cay Terminal included:
- Addition of a 12 000 bbl vertical gasoline tank (API 650),
- Addition of a 5 000 bbl vertical jet fuel tank (API 650),
- Addition of three 700 bbl horizontal aboveground storage tanks, and
- Reposition and refurbish of four existing 700 bbl diesel tanks.
The scope of facilities of the South Dock Terminal included:
- Addition of a 15 000 bbl vertical gasoline tank (API 650),
- Addition of a 15 000 bbl vertical jet fuel tank (API 650), and
- Replacement of three 600 bbl out of service horizontal aboveground storage tanks.
- Infrastructure assessment
- Site assessment
- Geotechnical and topographical surveys
- Engineering designs of additional and refurbished tanks at both terminals
- Engineering design layout of proposed tanks
- Civil-, pipelines-, electrical- and fixture drawings
- Tender package development
- Project-, HSE- and contract management