EPCM services of multi-products fuel import facility, storage and offshore infrastructure for the Tanzanian Ports Authority in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
TPA appointed EPCM Holdings to conduct Feasibility Study, Preliminary Engineering Design, Detailed Engineering Designs and Preparation of Tender Documents for Development of a New Oil Jetty and Tanks Farm (Oil Terminal) for Receiving and Storage of Various Liquid Bulk Cargoes, Distribution Facilities and where viable Rehabilitation of the existing Kurasini Oil Jetty (KOJ) at the Port of Dar es Salaam.
The consortium for undertaking this assignment is led by a locally registered engineering consulting firm M/s KIMPHIL Konsult (T) Limited. EPCM is providing sub-consultancy engineering services to Kimphil, with TPA being the end-client.
The storage facility will be a Tank Farm in the Southern end of Dar es Salaam in the Vijibweni industrial area. The bulk plant will have a nominal storage capacity of 362,500 m3, with a total of 17 tank. These 17 tanks will be part of the New Onshore Tank Farm. Seven (7) tanks will be designed for the storage of Gasoil (7 x 24,500 m3), six tanks designed for storage of Mogas (4 x 24,500 m3) and four tanks will be designed for the of storage of Jet-A1 (4 x 11,000 m3). There will be one (1×11,000m3) tank designed and dedicated for the product interface system.
The project is done is two phases:
- Site visits, data collection and reviews;
- Concept engineering designs of infrastructure;
- Stakeholder engagements and assessments;
- Site identification and assessment;
- Land surveys;
- Geotechnical investigations;
- Analysing bathymetric data;
- Subsea hazards assessment;
- Offshore and onshore pipeline routings;
- Existing oil distribution system analysis;
- Develop offshore and onshore construction methodologies;
- Existing oil jetty assessment to rehabilitate and relocate vs new SPM system for importing products;
- Environmental management plan;
- Technical-, economic- and financial analysis of proposed options;
- Implementation strategy development.
- Tender phase for EPC contractor/s
- Project execution
- Engineering – from feasibility study to detailed engineering;
- EPC tender documents compilation;
- Support client during tender phase;
- Technical support during project execution phase.