EPCM performed the 3D scanning of the existing depot space, and completed a detailed 3D model design of a new pump house, piping connections, and piping manifolds to facilitate tank filling, inter-tank transfer and pumping to various other depots. The 3D point cloud was used to do actaul space planning in order to obtain a detailed BOQ with the exact pipe lengths, elbows, bends, tees etc.
The point cloud was also used to determine the civil work requirements for road crossing culverts and the sunken pump house.
Detailed piping manifolds could be designed to integrate into existing piping and maximum use could be made of existing piping.
The project included an Orthophoto, which wsa overlayed into Google earth.
The smart 3D model and Point cloud is to be used for constrution of the pumphouse, civil works and piping.
- Identify and define pipeline battery limits
- Identify and define the schedule of pipeline tie-ins to existing depot infrastructure
- Define pipeline corridors, pipe supports, pipe bridges, etc.
- Complete design of pipelines. Design to include instrumentation requirements
- Review and optimize of Civil work drawings for new pump house
- Lidar 3D scanning of existing depot infrastructure
- Aerial Drone survey
- Smart 3D Modelling of new pump house, associated piping, structural supports, access bridges and platforms, electrical conduits and trenches, pipeline culverts for road crossing, pump house and piping civils
- Consideration of cable trays, cable ducts, etc. for motors and instrumentation
- Design and specification of submersible pump for pump house storm water sump
- Detailed Material Take Outs and specifications of piping, fittings, accessories, steel structures, civil quantities etc. for procurement
The deliverables furhter included:
- Viewable, to-scale, Smart 3D Model of new piping. Free Navisworks software.
- Viewable, to-scale, 3D Model of New pump house including specifications for a submersible pump for storm water.
- Point cloud of existing depot infrastructure Viewable, to scale, 3D Model of two New tanks.
- Editable Material Take Off (MTO) for the new piping (including valves, elbows, tee’s, flanges, gaskets etc.), culverts, structural steel and pipe supports and access bridges.
- Drone survey, high resolution aerial view of the depot, which is superimposed onto google earth