Provision of Construction Project Management and Contractor Supervision for The Proposed Truck Loading Facility
Tanzania International Petroleum Reserves (TIPER) Limited depot is a Hydrocarbon (Petroleum Product) storage facility located in Kigamboni Site, Plot 1, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The total storage capacity is 211,000m3 with a total of 32 vertical above ground tanks. The project is to develop a Truck Loading facility with the tie-ins to the existing depot to feed the road tankers.
The project has been split into two phases i.e. Phase I with 8 truck-loading points and capacity to load up to 3000m3 per day and Phase II with 6 more truck-loading points and capacity load up to 7000m3 per day.
The facility will receive product from an existing Gasoil and Mogas tank, where the product will be pumped from a new pump house to the Truck Loading facility. The system further included fire fighting infrastructure, two new storage tanks at the loading facility and pump houses.
In the design, planning and procurement phase (Pre Contract), EPCM was required to set up the Electrical scope of work and tender documents, to perform tender evaluation, review and approve the design works submitted by the winning vendor. Furthermore EPCM did a mechanical and process design review of the entire system and made comments and recommendations regarding the design and implementation strategy. In the execution, monitoring and controlling and project close-out phase (Post Contract Phase), EPCM is required to supervise the selected contractor to ensure that the works are executed and completed within the contract sum, quality, scope and time. EPCM is responsible to ensure alignment between Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractors to ensure proper constructability.
- Define scope of the tender for Design, Supply, Install, Test & Commission of an Electrical system for the Truck Loading Facility based on the existing TIPER electrical infrastructure. Study documents of the existing TIPER infrastructure.
- Evaluate tender documents and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Review the tender documents for the Mechanical Installation Works and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Review all drawings, calculation sheets, specifications, method statements, material submittals, operation and maintenance manuals etc. submitted by the Instrumentation and Electrical Works Suppliers for correctness and relevance.
- Review submitted P&IDs supplied by the Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor for alignment and relevance and identify gaps in the integration between EC&I and Mechanical.
- Ensure integration of the Supplied Truck-loading Facility instruments and equipment with the existing TIPER Depot infrastructure.
- Unspecified scopes shall be identified and designed by EPCM Tanzania.
- Reviews/revisions/approvals/site personnel responsible for the oversight of detailed planning, detailed design, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the works.
- Manage the implementation of the work and supervise the Electrical and Instrumentation Contractor and align implementation of such works with Civil and Mechanical contractors.
- Identify gaps that restricts smooth interfacing and integration between Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Designs.
- Ensure alignment between Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractors to ensure proper constructability.
- Quality assurance program throughout the execution of the works.
- Periodic quality, safety, technical and schedule audits
- Review the Contractor’s schedule – monitor each discipline in detail to a level 5 schedule to activity level.
- Documentation management and preparation of final project file