The 865 km ROMPCO Mozambique to Secunda Pipeline (MSP) supplies natural gas from the Pande and Temane gas fields in Mozambique to the SASOL CTL Refinery in Secunda, South Africa. The Republic of Mozambique Pipeline Company (ROMPCO) is a joint venture company formed in 2004 to transport natural gas assets to markets in Mozambique and South Africa.
Developments have been completed to increase the throughput capacity of the Mozambique Secunda Pipeline (MSP) by constructing parallel loop lines in phases. The Phase 1, 128 km Loop Line 1 construction was completed in 2014, while the 128 km Loop Line 2 construction for Phase 2 commenced in 2015 with completion early 2017.
EPCM was awarded the EPC contractor for the construction and installation of the ROMPCO Loop Line 2 Cathodic Protection (CP) System. The ROMCPO Loop Line 2 is a 26″ API 5L X70 buried steel pipeline, with 3LPE coating, located between Scraper Trap Station1 (STS-01) and STS-02 in Mozambique.
Scope of Work:
- Provision of temporary CP installations;
- Provision of permanent CP installations;
- Provision of Electrical Continuity and CP Construction Monitoring and Quality Assurance;
- CP installation testing and commissioning prior to handover to Sasol Petroleum Temane;
- Coating Integrity Survey (CIS) utilizing Pipeline Current Mapping (PCM) technique for Loop Line 1 and Loop Line 2; and
- Installation of a Fibre Optic Mega-Bunker at STS2 and power supply.