Developments have been completed to increase the throughput capacity of the Mozambique Secunda Pipeline (MSP) by constructing parallel loop lines in phases. The Phase 1, 128km Loop Line 1 construction was completed in 2014, while the 128km Loop Line 2 construction for Phase 2 commenced in 2015 with completion early 2017.
EPCM was awarded the EPC contractor for the construction and installation of the ROMPCO Loop Line 2 Cathodic Protection (CP) System. The ROMCPO Loop Line 2 is a 26″ API 5L X70 buried steel pipeline, with 3LPE coating, located between Scraper Trap Station 1 (STS-01) and STS-02 in Mozambique.
- Provision of temporary CP installations;
- Provision of permanent CP installations;
- Provision of Electrical Continuity and CP Construction Monitoring and Quality Assurance;
- CP installation testing and commissioning prior to handover to Sasol Petroleum Temane;
- Coating Integrity Survey (CIS) utilizing Pipeline Current Mapping (PCM) technique for Loop Line 1 and Loop Line 2; and
- Installation of a Fibre Optic Mega-Bunker at STS2 and power supply