Mondi required a reputable company, experienced with design, supply, fabrication and installation of reactor tanks, agitator bridges and linings of the tanks for Mondi’s R19200 Chemical Plant Rebuild Project.
The reactor tanks that required full design, fabrication and on-site installation are as follow:
- 612-320: Reactor 1A
- 612-321: Reactor 1B
- 612-322: Reactor 2
- EPCM executed the full design, fabrication, supply, and installation of the tanks with all aspects related to LM Standards and additional requirements considered.
- Design, fabrication, and installation of the internal sludge suction piping of the reactor tanks consisting of SAF 2507 (Super duplex) piping.
- Design, fabrication, and installation of the agitator bridge on top of the tank supported by only the tank shell.
- Installation of the appropriate Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) roof for each reactor tank.
- Testing and inspections to conform to the national SANS standards and BS EN 14015 specifications.
- Applying internal lining of tanks.
- Design and installation of cathodic protection to also accommodate for the tank design, inspection, and serviceability to be possible.
- Installation of the agitator mounted on top of the agitator bridge of the tank.
- Commissioning of the three (3) reactor tanks.