The value of the contract was USD 11,000.00 with a Project Value of USD 15,000,00.00. EPCM was to do a Feasibility study for the Bulk Storage of LPG in Matola Mozambique. The client has leased the land, and the Feasibility study is the first phase of a Bankable Feasibility study to be completed by EPCM.
Phase 1 – Feasible LPG depot sizes and preliminary engineering
- Sizing of the maximum potential storage capacity for LPG storage in the available plot in accordance with NFPA/ SANS design codes, standards and best practises.
- Evaluation of practicality and feasibility of:
- Vertical LPG bullets
- Aboveground horizontal LPG bullets
- Mounded horizontal LPG bullets
- Aboveground LGP Spheres
- Evaluation of feasible phased approach of construction storage capacity to grow with throughput and market demand
- Preliminary plot plan considering relevant safety distances
Phase 2 – Detailing
- A feasibility study report was generated with feasibility level engineering and design basis including:
- Offshore and Jetty Infrastructure
- Supply pipeline sizing, hydraulics and material selection
- Onshore storage facility – Mounded LPG bullets design parameters and tank data sheet
- Cathodic protection
- Fire-fighting and gas detection
- Road loading gantry
- LPG bottling plant
- Detailed plot plan
- A feasibility level cost estimate was produced based on the volumes and type of storage (mounded bullets) decided on in phase 1.
- A feasibility level schedule was produced based on the same information.
Phase 3 – Financial Model
- A full financial model was performed by a qualified chartered accountant on all the information as described in phase 2
- The results and economic indicators were reported over various scenarios
EPCM was awarded the FEED contract after the successful completion of the Feasibility study – FEED which was completed in May 2019. And has been updated since according to various design changes.
The value of the contract was USD 250,000.00 with a Project Value of USD 15,000,00.00. EPCM was contracted to perform Front-end Engineering Design (FEED) for the Storage and Cylinder Filling of LPG in Matola Mozambique. The client has leased the land, and the FEED is the second phase of a Bankable Feasibility study to be completed by EPCM. The project included:
- Port loading facilities capacity and readiness
- Supply pipeline tie-in point from existing LPG pipeline
- Maximum of 3807 MT of LPG product storage facility to be developed in phase 1 and designed in accordance with international engineering codes and standards – 6 x 634 MT mounded LPG bullets
- Truck fuel loading facilities (2 road loading gantries); and an
- LPG bottling plant (1200 cylinders per hour capability).
Scope of Work
- The following are the deliverables submitted as part of the FEED.
- Design Basis
- Process Description
- Process Control Philosophies
- Process Flow diagram
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- 3D model
- Line list and tie-in line list
- Single line diagram
- FEED level plot plan
- Process equipment list
- Equipment datasheets
- Instrument process datasheets
- Instrument List
- Hydraulic design report
- Fire system
- Cost Estimate
- Tender Document Compilation
- Contractor Engagement
- Contractor Shortlisting and Validation