The Horn of Africa Pipeline Project (HOAPP) is a 490 km liquid fuel pipeline and a 370,000 m³ storage depot (API 650), designed to import multi-fuel products into the Port of Djibouti and transport the products to storage facilities in Awash, Ethiopia (near Addis Ababa).
The project included a Conventional Buoy Mooring System (CBM), offshore 5.1km 26” pipeline, onshore 370,000 m³ buffer storage depot at Damerjog in Djibouti (15 tanks with diameter > 19 m), onshore 490 km x 20” pipeline from Damerjog to Awash in Ethiopia and interface treatment facilities in Awash.
EPCM’s Scope of Services;
- Project management
- Reviewing and updating the Feasibility Studies
- Compilation of the Master Plan, including offshore import facilities design, pipeline systems design, new storage terminal layout and sizing
- Economic and Financial Evaluations
- Detailed CAPEX & OPEX Estimations for offshore, storage terminal and pipeline facilities
- FEED study reviews
- Compilation of EPC and O&M contractors’ work scope, tender evaluations