30 TPD Micro LNG Plant and LNG mine truck conversions including customer LNG tanks.
Goldfields Ghana Limited, in cooperation with Caterpillar, is to convert up to 60 x Caterpillar Mine Haul trucks from Diesel fuel to LNG/Diesel Dynamic Gas blending (DGB) systems. EPCM is the technical partner conducting all engineering, procurement and construction works.
Goldfields required an Interim LNG supply solution to trail 9 Trucks as a trail, and thereafter 9 trucks will be converted per year until 5 trucks have been converted in 2024. The projected trucks to run on LNG will be 60 by 2031. EPCM is to supply a sustainable Interim and Long-term LNG solution to the mine by means of LNG import during interim phases and a 30 TPD Micro-LNG plant for the long-term supply (modular expansion capability to 50 TPD).
Scope of facilities
- Filled ISO container import, clearing and handling;
- Bulk LNG import into existing infrastructure at the port of Tema;
- Transport via Semi-trailer or LNG tanker to the Mine;
- Mine safety and access procedures;
- ISO Container offloading;
- Filling of Mine Haul trucks;
- Hot-tap connection to existing supply pipeline;
- Gas metering and pressure regulation;
- Gas pre-treatment;
- Gas liquefaction plant;
- LNG Storage;
- Truck loading;
- Provision of process guarantees required;
- Operation and provision of critical spares (where applicable);
- Construction monitoring;
- Commissioning support, and tests on completion;
- Training of Gold Fields operational support staff (where applicable).
Goldfields Ghana Limited