Bulk Oil Storage & Transportation Co. Ltd (BOST) owns and operates six fuel storage depots with a total storage capacity of 425,600 m3 and 370 km multi-products pipeline network. This system serves Ghana’s fuel requirements from the South at the port of Tema, up to the North in Bolgatanga.
Due to the absence of a pipeline between Accra Plains Depot (APD) and Kumasi Depot, fuel is transported via road tankers which impose the following issues:
- Product transport delays;
- Traffic congestion;
- Political strikes;
- Increased road accidents;
- Road tanker breakdowns;
- Product losses; and
- Increased transport costs.
A Feasibility Study was therefore completed to develop an onshore 240 km x 8″/10″ multi-products pipeline connecting from APD to Kumasi. BOST would therefore benefit by transporting fuel more effectively to Kumasi and at lower costs.
Scope of Work:
- Market Analysis
- Technical Design (project scoping, PFDs, pipeline and depot sizing, route layouts, etc.)
- Financial and Economic Analysis (CAPEX & OPEX estimates, economic modelling and evaluations)