Description of the project
The Eastern Cape Gas-to-Power and bunkering services project include the development of an LNG import facility in the port of Port Elizabeth, South Africa. The gas will service as feedstock to a gas-fired power generation facility, to alternative chemical uses from methane gas and CNG / LNG vehicle market.
The project also focus on providing LNG bunkering facilities in the port to service vessels.
- Developing a localization framework for the eastern cape to accommodate the new LNG import facility in Coega (which include LNG bunkering facilities);
- Bunkering value chain and opportunity identification study
- LNG bunkering technical assessment including truck-to-ship transfers, pipelines to ship transfers, ship-to-ship transfers;
- Maritime legislation review;
- Bunkering operations safety and risks assessment.