EPCM was appointed to provide Technical Advisory Services for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of a bio-ethanol plant for Arengo 316 (Pty) Ltd (project owner) in Cradock, Western Cape. The contract is a three-year engineering management and technical support contract.
The 90 million liters per annum bio-ethanol production plant will use grain sorghum as feedstock and will also produce Distiller’s Dried Grain with Solubles that will be sold to the animal feed market.
- Review and assessment of existing FEED package, design basis, mass & energy balances, equipment specifications, BFDs, PFDs, P&IDs, civil designs and BOQs
- EPC scope compilation
- EPC contractor management
- Due diligence – technical, financial, commercial and contractual aspects
- Technical reviews of all regulatory compliances
- Assessment of maintainability and operability of design
- Development and review of contracting strategy
- Review of construction and operations management plans
- Techno-economic analysis
- Review of HS&E requirements; and
- Client advisory.
Industrial Development Corporation
Cradock, South Africa
2014 – ongoing