EPCM was contracted to construct a 4 km x 4″ gas pipeline to feed the Coca-Cola factory from the natural gas transmission pipeline in Matola, Mozambique. The design and construction of a high-pressure customer metering station (HPCMS) was also included.
The transmission pipeline is an 8″ carbon steel pipeline with an operating gauge pressure of 50 bar. EPCM commissioned the system within six months from being awarded the project.
Scope of Work:
- Detailed engineering of the HPCMS;
- Construction and installation of the pipeline and HPCMS;
- Hot-tapping into the main transmission gas pipeline;
- Pressure testing of the pipeline and customer measuring station; and
- Commissioning the system.