The project was expected to be delivered in two phases; Phase 1 to include 45,000 m³ storage facilities catering for HFO and Phase 2 anticipated to be 52,600 m³ storage facility for White Products.
Phase 1 terminal will be connected to the New Port Fuel Jetty in the Port of Walvis Bay via an approximate 4 km pipeline.
Design included 7 tanks with diameter larger than 19 m (2 x 38.1 m, 3 x 30 m, 1 x 21.5 m and 1 x 20 m) EPCM was appointed as the Owner’s Engineers and performed the following tasks:
EPCM’s Scope of Services;
- Development of performance specifications
- Development of tank farm configuration and design
- Tender services support
- Assistance with obtaining local authority approvals
- Compilation of EPC and O&M contractors’ Scope of Work
- Assist with O&M tender and evaluation process.