The project was expected to be delivered in two phases; Phase 1 to include 45,000m³ storage facilities catering for HFO and Phase 2 anticipated to be 52,600m³ storage facility for White Products. Phase 1 terminal will be connected to the New Port Fuel Jetty in the Port of Walvis Bay via an approximate 4km pipeline. Design included 7 tanks with diameter larger than 19 m (2 x 38.1m, 3 x 30m, 1 x 21.5m and 1 x 20m)
EPCM was appointed as the Owner’s Engineers and performed the following tasks:
- Development of performance specifications;
- Development of tank farm configuration and design;
- Tender services support;
- Assistance with obtaining local authority approvals;
- Compilation of EPC and O&M contractors’ Scope of Work;
- Assist with O&M tender and evaluation process.