EPCM was contracted to Encon Engineering Projects (main Client – Puma Energy) for the engineering design of the aviation fuel pipeline and facilities from the Accra Plains Depot to the hydrant facility on the Accra airport. The project entailed the review and modification design of four existing Jet A1 storage tanks, modification of the discharge piping, a pumping station and 2 x 400 m pipelines from the tank farm to interconnect with the new airport refueling hydrant system. During construction, EPCM’s supervision was needed to ensure the quality complied with the correct standards.
Scope of Work:
- Existing designs review;
- Detailed Hydraulics Study for the fuel depot tie into the airport hydrant system;
- System P&IDs;
- Complete assessment of the depot and its firefighting systems;
- Technical material data sheets compilation;
- Engineering design and 3D modeling; and
- Mechanical and process material take off.