These facilities produce a range of renewable fuels and first- and second-generation biofuels, using numerous renewable feedstocks, such as fats, oils, algae and cellulosic biomass.
EPCM’s renewable-fuel related technologies experience includes hydrotreating, transesterification, Fischer-Tropsch (FT), methanol-to-gasoline (MTG), gasification, cellulose hydrolysis, fermentation, biomass handling and pretreatment (hydrolysis), etc.
Various technologies produce renewable fuels or biofuels. EPCM performs assessments to identify the best of these technologies for projects and then conducts feasibility studies with support from the licensor.
Our experts work with each client team to identify their goals, select the best project execution model, address their technology needs, reduce overall energy consumption, decrease material cost and repurpose existing facilities to increase profitability.
EPCM’s Bio- and Renewable Fuels Expertise:
- Renewable fuels from fats and oils (hydrotreating fats and oils to renewable/green diesel)
- Syngas (biomass gasification and cleaning
- Renewable Fuels from Syngas (Fischer-Tropsch, methanol and dimethyl ether, methanol-to-gasoline)
- Biogas (anaerobic digestion and landfill gas)
- Bioethanol (fermentation)
- Technology feasibility studies
- Process design
- Economic evaluations
- Project management
- Concept design and FEED studies
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC)
- Start-up & commissioning